Wooden Watches: Branch Out This Christmas!

It’s November already, and we all know what that means, right? Frantic Christmas shopping! Who to buy for, what to buy that they don’t already have, how to make sure their gift is something thoughtful – the list goes on! The only thing that’s on my wish list at the moment is more time. Which, coincidentally, brings me to the subject of this post – wooden watches!

I know, wooden watches – what on earth, right? But hear me out. (And potentially be rewarded with $100 if you do 😉 )

How To Stop Time by Matt Haig next to a black Jord wooden watch surrounded by red tulips and white roses

I was recently lucky enough to partner with Jord Watches, who are known for their sustainably sourced, chic and stylish wooden watches. Before they got in touch, I probably would have laughed you out of the park if you suggested buying a wooden watch – I immediately thought they wouldn’t be durable, would look pretty naff, and probably be uncomfortable to wear.

But for once, I’m pleased to say I was very wrong!

I ordered the Frankie Ebony and Gold watch, and I was so pleasantly surprised when it arrived. As if the watch itself isn’t impressive enough, it comes packaged in a stunning, sturdy wooden box with engraving on the top and magnets to keep the lid on. The watch itself is fastened around a cushion, so this combined with the box and the packaging around it, ensures that no harm at all will come to your watch in transit, and it will look awesome when you present it as a gift.

The great thing about the watch I chose is its versatility. I chose a dark colour so it matches with pretty much everything, and its style not only works for me as a slightly chunkier watch which goes with the current big watch trend but also for my boyfriend as a standard sized men’s watch!

Jord offers wooden watches in a range of wood types, ranging from lighter shades to darker ones, as well as thick straps and thin straps, and different colours, designs and shapes on the watch face itself. I can’t really put into words how impressed I am with this watch – it’s somehow really sturdy feeling without feeling heavy and clunky, and despite its minimalist look, it really stands out when I wear it.

With a range of women’s and men’s watches, there’s bound to be something perfect for that special someone this Christmas. And because it’s almost Christmas and we’re all skint, Jord have been kind enough to offer you the chance to win $100 off a watch by entering the competition here! It ends on 2 December 2018, so make sure you enter now 🙂

Are you a watch fan? What’s your favourite watch like? Leave me a comment below and let me know! Plus, let me know if you enter the competition 🙂

Luxury Wooden Watch

1. November 22, 2018 / 8:22 pm

My sister mentioned me about the wooden watches (she is obsess with it) and to be honest it look really pretty that I’m in a small conflict in either give it to myself or to my sis as a present haha.

Michelle| http://www.brokebutflawless.com

November 22, 2018 / 9:09 pm

Haha!! Well, you know the answer – get two and keep the one you like best, then give her the other one for Christmas 😉😂

2. November 22, 2018 / 8:54 pm

I don’t think I’ve heard of wooden watches before! This one looks really nice though 😍

November 22, 2018 / 9:10 pm

I hadn’t before I got this either! But now I think about it, we’ve had wooden clocks for years so it kind of makes sense! X

3. November 22, 2018 / 9:32 pm

I have never heard of these before but LOVE that they’re sustainable!
    Your blog is beautiful btw, major blog envy over here!

Liv x

November 22, 2018 / 9:38 pm

They’re really nice watches! Been wearing mine with everything! 😂
      Aww, thank you so much Liv! Yours is lovely too 😍 x

4. November 22, 2018 / 9:46 pm

I love JORD Watches, I saw yours on Instagram the other day and it’s beautiful. This is such a great competition too!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

November 22, 2018 / 10:26 pm

They’re lovely, aren’t they? 😍 Hope you get one of your own if you enter! 😘 X

5. November 23, 2018 / 7:02 pm

Ooh, I’ve heard a lot of people that like wooden watches and I love the dark colour you chose! Also, everyone loves a competition so thanks for sharing that!x

November 25, 2018 / 10:04 pm

They’re really popular at the moment! Thanks, I love it too! Haha, yes, gotta agree! Good luck if you enter! x

6. November 23, 2018 / 11:17 pm

I’m always amazed by how good some Jord watches look considering they’re only wood. I would also be worried that they wouldn’t be that durable so it’s good to know how pleasantly surprised you were by yours x

Sophie

November 25, 2018 / 10:05 pm

Yeah, exactly! That’s precisely what I thought – I was very sceptical and kind of thought it was a bit of a random hippy fad or something, but then after hearing so many good reviews, I started thinking maybe I was wrong, and now I’ve got one, I wear it every day! It’s really comfortable and looks so nice! x

7. November 26, 2018 / 9:45 pm

I’ve seen a lot of these wooden watches and always think they’re a really chic accessory. Love that these are sustainable sourced too. Fab post and pics!

Samantha x