What Are You Reading Wednesday: Bloggers and Bookstagrammers!

This week’s What Are You Reading Wednesday is brought to you by my fellow bloggers and bookstagrammers! The best thing about finding out what everyone else is reading is that I can add loads of books to my “to be read” pile that I wouldn’t have known existed!

Remember, you can get involved with What Are You Reading Wednesday! Either message me on Instagram (@tsundokugirl) to be featured in a compilation post like this one, or check out the original post which includes the questions for you to answer if you’re doing your own! Remember to drop me a comment so me and my co-hosts Marissa and Kendall can come and comment!

Secrets She Left Behind by Diane Chamberlain

Rebekah @ rebekahgillian.co.uk

I’m currently reading Secrets She Left Behind by Diane Chamberlain, which is the second in a series recommended by a close friend. The content has definitely won me over in this one; I love her writing style, and the way I’m right on the edge of my seat throughout!

Rebekah blogs about her disability, books and other lifestyle topics over at https://rebekahgillian.co.uk.

You can follow her on Instagram at @rebekahgillian.

Add it to your Goodreads

The Greedy Queen by Annie Gray and The Kid’s Guide to Staying Awesome by Tracy Bryan

Karen @ The Mad House of Cats and Babies

I’m reading two books at the moment. The first is The Greedy Queen, which is about Queen Victoria, her eating habits, and food and eating in her time. It’s fascinating, and very different from anything I’ve ever read about her. The second book I’m reading is called The Kids Guide to Staying Awesome, to help my son with his sensory issues.

Karen blogs over at themadhouseofcatsandbabies.com. You can find her on Instagram as @catskidschaos.

Add The Greedy Queen to your Goodreads

Add The Kid’s Guide to Staying Awesome to your Goodreads

They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera

Dorine @ Lost in my Paper World

I’m currently reading They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera. I picked it up because it seemed to get a lot of love and I’m always up for a good YA contemporary (plus, the cover is gorgeous!) So far, I am loving it! The characters are really cute. But I’m a tiny bit bummed out because I’m afraid that I already guessed the ending! Let’s hope I’m wrong!

Dorine blogs about books, which she reads a wide variety of. You can check her out over on www.lostinmypaperworld.wordpress.com or www.instagram.com/lost.in.my.paperworld.

Add it to your Goodreads

Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence

Brandy @brandy.reads

I’m reading Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence. I picked it up because I think my 14 year old daughter and my husband would have literally burst if I didn’t finally read this trilogy! They’ve been dying to talk to me about it! I’m not very far in yet, as I just started last night, but so far it has me curious as to why a 13 year old boy is such a murderous little badass!

Brandy is a keen bookstagrammer who you can check out at www.instagram.com/brandy.reads!

Add it to your Goodreads

Helen Harper

Sarah @ the Mumzilla

I’ve just discovered Helen Harper.

She writes really good alternate reality fiction – so Scotland, with fairies and elves and stuff, but in a human world. Easy reading, great stories. And she’s written loads of books, hurrah!

You can find Sarah on social media as @themumzilla!

Add it to your Goodreads

The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry

Kim @ the Book Bairn

I am reading The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry which I picked up because so many people were asking about it and to be honest the cover is gorgeous! Only got fifty pages left so hoping to finish it tonight! Found it a tough one to get through the first chunk but now I’m really enjoying it. The kids have been reading What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks as we are going to the stage show on Friday!

Kim blogs at www.bookbairn.com about children’s books mostly with some grown up books too! You can follow her on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with the username @bookbairn

Add it to your Goodreads

1. May 2, 2018 / 2:14 pm

The only one of these I’ve read is They Both Die at the End. I really liked it! So far it’s my favorite Adam Silvera book. 😊

May 2, 2018 / 4:47 pm

I really liked that too! I’ve got History is All You Left Me but I haven’t read it yet, and I might preorder the book he’s doing with Becky Albertalli if I like Simon Vs the Homosapiens Agenda! Have you read that one? I feel like I’ve asked!

• May 3, 2018 / 12:04 pm

I liked History Is All You Left Me, but something was missing for me. Yes, Simon is one of my favorite books!!

May 3, 2018 / 8:16 pm

I can tell I’m gonna prefer They Both Die at the End already! I’ll definitely read it soon! 😊

2. May 2, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Hey there!
    So, I wanted in on the fun and made a thing. A post. About my current read. I usually post in German but now I have this beautiful English post sitting there smack in the middle of it. Feels strange. 😀
    I’m so curious about the books. I especially want to read “They both die at the end”. I heard so much about it and I feel like I don’t have to read the ending first like I usually do since…I already know how this one turns out. It’s all about the journey and that’s really intriguing.
    So… my link.
    LG, m

May 2, 2018 / 9:22 pm

Yay! I’m so happy! I feel very honoured that you wrote in English for this!! I will definitely check it out! 😎 Yes, it’s so good! I wasn’t expecting to like it that much, but it really stuck with me! I hope you enjoy it! ♥️ Let me know what you think!

3. May 2, 2018 / 6:04 pm

I’m so glad you featured the book I’m reading in this post. It’s such a good book, and definitely deserves more reads, though you should probably start with ‘Before The Storm’ first if you want to completely understand it. I’ve not read any of the others in this post yet, but I’ve heard of ‘The Kids Guide To Staying Awesome’ because of my own affiliations with the autism community, so I’m considering checking it out. Thanks again for including me in your post.

Rebekah Gillian | https://rebekahgillian.co.uk/

May 2, 2018 / 9:24 pm

I’ll definitely check it out; I love finding diamonds in the rough and this sounds like it could be one! Yes, the Kid’s Guide did actually catch my eye for similar reasons!
      My pleasure Rebekah, you’re always welcome! ♥️

• May 2, 2018 / 9:52 pm

I definitely think so! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

May 2, 2018 / 11:35 pm

Thanks Rebekah! Are you on Goodreads? We could keep up with each other on there too! 😊

May 2, 2018 / 9:25 pm

Thanks Marissa! I was trying to be inventive in my reading slump! 😂 But I’m out of it now 😎 I might do a guest post each month! I still have loads of people’s entries for this, so there’s definitely​ a few more up my sleeve! Want in? 😎

4. May 2, 2018 / 11:18 pm

I LOVE that you did a feature of other bloggers and bookstagrammers like this! The variety is great and there are a few of these I want to add to my own tbr.

May 2, 2018 / 11:23 pm

Yay! Thanks Kendall! I might do it once a month! I know, I will have to check out so many of these! ♥️

5. May 3, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I have a huge list of books I want to read as well and I will now need to add your options as well 🙂 Great post!

May 3, 2018 / 9:26 pm

My list is never ending! 🙈 Thanks a lot, glad you enjoyed!

May 3, 2018 / 9:30 pm

Let me know if you ever need any recommendations! I’m always happy to recommend 😊

6. May 4, 2018 / 1:15 pm

Haven’t read any of these.. 😂

May 4, 2018 / 3:02 pm

I’ve only read one!! So I’m not far behind you 🙈😂

May 6, 2018 / 11:19 am

Thanks Diana! Hope you enjoy them if you pick them up! ♥️

7. May 6, 2018 / 3:00 am

I’m so glad you’re enjoying they both die in the end- I really want to read that. And hope you enjoy Prince of thorns.

May 6, 2018 / 11:22 am

I really enjoyed it actually! I kind of picked it up thinking it’d just be a sort of fluffy easy to read contemporary, but it really hooked me in and stayed with me! I hope you enjoy it!

8. Cait @ Paper Fury
    May 7, 2018 / 12:34 am

Ooh this is really fun! And I loved They Both Die At The End (omg Adam Silvera is a MASTER writer and also super cruel on the feels, right?!😂) And also Prince of Thorns which was mega disturbing but also strangely addictive?😂

May 8, 2018 / 9:03 pm

Thanks Cait! You’re welcome to get involved if you like! Shoot me an Instagram message and we can arrange something! 😄 Me too, me too! And YES! I started History is All You Left Me yesterday and it’s already hurting my heart! I haven’t read Prince of Thorns yet but I’ve heard of lot of that sentiment about it 😂😂